10 Steps For The New Christian
10 Steps Further was originally created to help those who are just starting out in their Christian faith. After our first few episodes we realized that there were so many other topics we could explore to help people in all aspects of their journey. The topics below were designed specifically for those just getting started. If you have questions about how to read your bible and what prayer is all about or how God has gifted you, give these a listen. They give some great insight for those who are getting started and give some good reminders to those who’ve been around the block a couple of times.
How to Read the Bible
If you are starting this journey of faith, you’ve probably been told that you need to read the bible. Finding a bible is not hard, you probably have one sitting around your house, but where do you start? What do you read first? How can you get past all the confusing concepts? Take a moment to get some insight on how to read your bible.
There are a lot of ideas out there about prayer. Do I need to repeat myself over and over to be heard? Should I find a written prayer and just say that? Does God care about my little problems with all that’s going on in the world? If you want the basics on prayer take a moment to open the conversation.
Have you ever had this thought? “I believe in God, but do I really need to go to church? I can pray in nature and I can hear a message online. How important is church, really?” Take a moment to discover why God created the church to help you be the person God intended you to be.
- Do I really need to go to church? 11/6/17
- Apps to help you grow 11/14/17
- What’s with all the singing? (A newcomers guide to worship) 11/21/17
- Move to a better seat (Some simple insights on how to share with people your God story) 12/2/17
- God’s top 10 (The ten commandments) 1/8/19
- God’s top 10 part 2 (The ten commandments) 1/15/19
- The gifted (How has God uniquely gifted you?) 4/17/18
- Life Hacks: Ancient wisdom, modern results (A look at the book of Proverbs) 9/21/18
- The search for security (Where do you find your security?) 9/27/18